1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

17" Black Steel Wheels

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by RONK, Dec 13, 2009.

1. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

Does anyone know a manufacture of 17" black steel wheels,something I can use without the Dodge Hubcap?Thanks.

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

If you're looking for a 2nd set of wheels for some snow tires or something like that just go to a junk yard. They should have something that will wprk for you. Pretty sure VIP can get some fairly cheap wheels.
    FYI- If this is the case, get some 16" wheels and save some $$$ on tires.

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You're not going to get away with running 16's on any 3rd Gen Ram.

I bought a set of 17" ProComp steelies from 4wheelparts. The 17x8's were about $90/each.

4. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

That could very well be, good to know.

5. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

SummitRacing, Cragar Soft 8 wheels.

[​IMG]

6. hi_octane

hi_octane Member

7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

He's right. The brakes are too big.

8. M1N1TRK

M1N1TRK Member

I have a set of the crager black soft 8 rims on my truck that I use for the winter time, they come with center caps but you dont need to use them if you dont want to, I got them from Town fair tire along with all 4 snowtires, new lugs, and blah blah blah from them for under a grand, www.jegs.com also sells those same rims and they are cheaper then summit racing

9. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I had an unusually hard time coming up with some 17x8's here in CO over the summer. Finally did order some, only to have 17x9's show up. Contacted the distributor and they said they were fresh out of 17x8's. Sent them back and haven't looked into it since - figured I'd look again when it's time to replace my summer tires.

10. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

He needs 8 lug rims.

11. M1N1TRK

M1N1TRK Member

Mine are 8 lugs they sell and make them both ways

Jomofo you should check out www.jegs.com they sell them in the 8 inch with and they dont cost any more then 75 bucks from them and it is saying that they would ship today if ordered today

12. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

Rock crawler black steel rims, reasonable priced, procomp makes some as well....4wheelparts and this is the time of year clearance sales are floating around...I got 900 rims (4) for 500 shipped last winter