1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

17" +6 days =Major $$$$$

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fernalddude, Jan 2, 2005.

1. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Wow what a storm in cincy....17 -21 inchs of snow and ice after day 2 and sub zero temps froze snow to 3 inch ice mix what a job it was to get that up. We wore off 4 inches of digger teeth in just 40 hours of running bobcats. hooked up with a guy who just got a cat tri-track what a great piece of equipment runs circles around bob cats. We started on dec 22 and finished dec 28. Had a bunch of new drivers and boy did they get broke in :nod: well 6 days of work and just a few minor breakdowns i think the billing was the hardest thing to do. Now working on maint for next snow finding fractured bolts bent pins ect. ice is hell on stuff along with sub zero temps.But wife now knows what its like drive and why i spent all summer working on every detail but it paid off this storm saw many a new rig broke down and my broncoII's just kept running and running.My route goes past the plow dealer and it was always full of broken plows. Had to keep drivers tempers down so they did not take it out on the equipment. We had so many people come up to us and blame us for the snow yelling and screaming at us at one condo plex we were running the cat on xmass eve and morning -6 deg and i had to keep people from running up to the cab and beet on the windows it was so ugly.. They just figured they were more important than everyone else i did not know so many gods lived there.Must keep better notes :gunsfiring: so after 6 days of work and 2 days of billing and a day of maint. i can just relax and count up the cash payup What a storm..........

2. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

I know what you mean. Everyone complains about where you always push or dump the snow. I just try to be nice, but sometimes it is very difficult. I always tell people that the snow has to go some where. I rented a bobcat for 5 days, but they just charged me 2 day rental, because of the holiday weekend, and made over $1,300, just doing driveways and small parking lots. We had about 9 inches of ice and snow. The cash is so sweet.... :)

3. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

In Indy we had 10+.....everywhere we were plowing there were plenty of people "smiling & waving"....very glad to see us there plowing them out so they could get in our way once all the snow was plowed. We had people using snow-blowers putting the snow right back in the road we had just plowed....LOL

4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

most of my customers were glad to see us it was just this one place that pissed me off i had to pull the crew out because of the abuse.they got a few bucks and think they were better than my drivers or there co-owners . some people kill me but i had to be nice to them so i went back with just my operator to get them some space. the place is so tight i had a hard time with the broncoII's plus the car ports have sloped roofs so the extra snow fell behind the cars and the wanted me to clean it out. i was rolling the one b$#$@ stood there in her mink and tryed to block us in she was going to park in her covered spot with her 4wd but about 8 or 10 inch of snow was blocking it i just told her to put it in 4wd and back up might have been 6 inch wide if that much she was so pissed LOL... so what we did i got the ok to stack the snow and ice anywhere and did we ever 15-20 feet high chunks as big as 6 feet at a time spent 11 hours just stacking was a blast.....