1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by thundercat99, Feb 14, 2004.

1. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

im not saying there isnt money in dreive ways but to not want to do big work doesnt make sense why chase 30 customers to pay out. it just seems like hes affraid to expand im in this to make money not to get buy i can sub for somone and make the same doe doing drive ways,

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Hey see my post on your first posting about your partner etc. My thoughts exactly, why deal with all the picky driveway owners when you can deal with one person for the same money.

3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I think its better for you to do both. Theres good and bad in both lots and drives. That way if you commerical cancels on you then you still have something to do..Rob

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I have one driveway that I do besides mine and our next door elderly couple

[​IMG]

I am 99.5% commercial and love not having to deal with the PR ********

5. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

If I hadn't just read your other post by coincidence, I would have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Is this supposed to be a new thread or a reply to the original?

In any event, this post kind of belongs in the elements of business forum, since that's what it pertains to.

I think you should dump the guy, if you are having this many problems this far in advance, it is doomed from the start.

-Jer

6. thundercat99

posted by accident

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i dump slow payers at the end of season

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Lets see, snowplowing question in the snowplowing discussion, seams right to me.

If its only a few drives complaining, dump them and take on some smaller commercial.

9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Sometimes people put posts that don't pertain to the forum it's posted in by accident or if they want more people to see it. We all can't be moderators.

10. thundercat99

thanks for the support everbody makes a mistake now and then

11. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Good point. Dump the guy and move on!

12. TwoPuttTommy

TwoPuttTommy Junior Member

Driveways

"Ya know, this would be a GREAT business, if it weren't for the customers......"

Yes, driveway customers can be a pain; as been previously suggested, I do indeed dump the pains and slow payers and replace 'em every year. "I'm sorry, Mr. PITA, but we're not going to be able to get you on the route this year; hopefully, we can do business again, in the future!"

Here's the deal: The commercial stuff has to be completed early, because folk need a place to park when they get to work/shop/etc.

It's been hard, but: I got my driveways convinced the problem is NOT getting out in the morning; it's getting IN the garage after their work day is done!

And, that's true! Now, do NOT take on new driveways where the garage is BELOW grade of the street - they DO have a problem getting out.

Just my humble thoughts on the matter.....

The TwoPutter

p.s. I have been wrong before, and if ya don't believe me, JUST ask my wife.......

13. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i also try to keep friends that will pay in timely manner not some average joe