1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

160,000 sq. ft. lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by E.L.I.T.E.lawn, Sep 26, 2005.

1. E.L.I.T.E.lawn

E.L.I.T.E.lawn Junior Member

I'm bidding on a church's parking lot that is 160,000 sq. ft. and i need to know what you guys will charge for something this size. We will be using two 8 1/2 foot plows.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Why do you need to know what everyone else would charge, when it has nothing to do with what you would charge in your area?
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Makes one wonder, doesn't it Mick.

Personally, I'd charge $50K.

What is your hourly rate? How long is it going to take to plow it? How many obstacles? Per Push? Per Season? What kind of service do they want? Only Sundays? Only opened up for office personnel during the week? Are you a member? I think you get the idea.

PS Just kidding about the $50K
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Watch it on the Churchs that only need Sundays full push. Last season we were in storm mode and the Church only got hit once Friday late night. Come back Sat afternoon and there was 8" more down and the fricken BoyScouts had something going on so they had the whole entrance bottle necked up with stuck cars and mini vans LOL. They were cool about it but I had no clue the service level needed to be upgraded. Just something to consider when your bidding and they say Sunday full service only. They also now have Bible study on week nights as well.
  6. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Give me the address with zip code and I will post a satellite picture for you. That will really help :D