1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

16" Mount Height Too High?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Jwen3, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Jwen3

Jwen3 Junior Member
    from WI

I put a leveling kit on my truck and the hitch height is now at 16" on my Boss V-Plow. Is this going to be too high for taking it on and off or should I take it back down to 15 1/2"?

Thanks

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If you can get the mount to 15 1/2 do it. But if not 16 wont hurt you. You can adjust the plow itself to accomidate for it. There is a rubber piece that slides. Its inbetween the A-frame and the big red center section, underneath the bracket the trip springs hook to that you can move forward or backward to change the pitch of the blade. Also you can tighten the trip spring so it will raise hooks on the plow to accomidate.

3. Jwen3

Jwen3 Junior Member
    from WI

If I left the mount at 16", would I have to adjust it all the way back or tword the front of the blade?

And if it is at 15 1/2', would the slider be ideal in the middle?

Thanks Again.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

It is easier to chance the mount height than to change 2 things on the blade. Sometimes 16 inches wont hurt you. What you want is to have the cutting edges flat on the ground in all positions.

5. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

I'm at 16 1/4" center of the eye. I'm having major issues with the wings being off in V and now even when the plow is straight due to the wearing that has taken place during scoop, when the wings are touching and the center is floating. I adjusted the shim all the way back. If I move the push bar down any further I will only have two bolts in each of the bush bar bracket connections. Istead of the three I am accustomed too. Should I move the push bar down or is there another trick?

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Once the season is over or now you can for that matter too, I would take the mount off and have a steel shop add on to the drop down brackets and the brackets that bolt to the back of the push beam. A few members on here have added onto their mounts due to lift kits and leveling kits.