1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

16 inches of snow in 4 HOURS

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fastrunner, Feb 7, 2003.

1. fastrunner

fastrunner Junior Member

it started at about 11 this morning til 3 in the afternoon. pretty amazing. snow was coming down so hard i could not see 50 feet in front of me.. just a huge lake effect snow band coming of lake michigan.. There is about 16 inches of snow on the ground north of benton harbor a little. pretty crazy stuff. they forcasted a dusting,, a think they were wrong.... pretty bad accident too about 3 or 4 miles from my house on I - 94.. i saw it on CNN. A 70 car pileup.. well, gotta go plow some more,, just thought i would vent about the great weather men again...!!!! Any one else getting pounded with snow??

2. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

We have done quite well here in Muskegon so far this year. Our "official" total is not much but we are on our 15th plow so far. 13 times in the last 30 days.

If you are talking about the neat looking band on this radar pic, I saw that when I got home this morning. The band was much weaker but it hit us earlier in the morning. the problem with this type of band of snow is there is no way they can predict where or when this will happen, we had one like this a few years back that dumped 10" on us in just a few hours, you could drive 20 miles and the sun would be out, but a blizzard where I was at.

This particular band was out over the lake for ALONG time, I can only imagine how hard it snowed.

Good thing though is this stuff is so light you can sneeze and clear the snow. LOL

There was a winter weather advisory for the lakeshore counties for last night so there was a chance of snow.

Heck I am not complaining. BRING IT ON!!!!

1.jpg

3. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Hurricane snow.....coooool

4. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

RATS.....I would be happy if O'l mother nature would just drop a solid 2-3 " here in Indy !!!!!

5. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Nice I think that might be the storm Im susposed to get on monday, we jus got hit with 8" yesterday.

Stupid weather people predicted 2-4 for our area sayingwe weren't gonna get a lot then after the storm report showed we got the most in the area.:p Oh well Im not gonna comlain:D

6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Yea, this storm was great, except it came during the day! Had to plow out a school with a foot of new snow on all the cars, so they could go home.

7. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Post some pics. :D I like the look of the trucks playing in the snow

8. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Now you know how Erie and Buffalo feel..>.

9. Nice image, keep it moving this way!!!!

10. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

I dont care what the weatherman says , if there is any forcast of snow I say it is 0 to 12 just to be safe. They said 1 to 3 here we got 8 or so yesterday.

11. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Like greenquest said, this is completely unpredictable, they said 1-3 the night before.

And, just a couple miles to the east or west, there were areas that just got a dusting of snow.