1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

16 hours of sleep in 5 days

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DrewB, Feb 2, 2010.

1. DrewB

DrewB Junior Member

well I just got finished plowing in charlotte. I started friday night and we just finished up this morning with only 2-3 hour breaks at a time. I have no idea how you guys can do this all winter up north.
  2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

its how we roll........ :nod:
  3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I dont know if you just get use to it or you just stay on "zombie mode" for the season. We're good for 3-5 of those days long storms per season but this year has been really ssslllooowww, actually bored out of my mind. You won't sleep right for a couple weeks now,lol
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I've been sleeping 16 hours a day for the past 5 days sucka...

I'm the one losing out here.:cry:
  5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

All winter? Hardly--so far by me in the Southern part of NY,it's been a bust.We would all love to be in your shoes right now--sleep is over-rated.You can sleep in April.:)
  6. smokin4by

smokin4by Member
    from indiana

yeah its great when hardwood floors feel so soft on your feet........after 44 hrs straight:) you get used it
  7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

sounds like you got all the beauty sleep you needed, you should check out some of the treads concerning plowing and sleep, a couple guys have pulled 70+ hours no sleep, but i don't recommend it.
  8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

If you're on PS complaining about your lack of sleep, you're not tired enough... Get back out there and plow some more.
  9. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

lmao, that sums it up nicely:D
  10. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Not only that but that was his first post. :laughing:
  11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

They aren't used to snow there. So it took him 5 days to plow out that driveway!:)
  12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

LOL, but it was a double wide! :laughing:
  13. 1daniel1

1daniel1 Junior Member

74 hours of straight plowing and deicing in a 2001 Christmas storm where we got hit with
    5 1/2 feet of snow in 18 hours. Lyed down in my truck and feel asleep in the 74th hour, woke up 2 hours later and I was being towed. Couldn't get the drivers attention (horn didn't work) so I lied back down, waited for him to get to his lot and as soon as he dropped me I started the truck and took off. Got a $170 bill in the mail a week later. Never paid.
  14. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

15. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

I didn't do it :laughing:
  16. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

Christmas 2009 I went from Wednesday to sunday afternoon. Just over 80 hours straight no sleep... 4 sunsets and 3 sunrises. But now were only getting this 2 inch or less crap and not really doin anything.
  17. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Did anyone see the tow truck scene in the movie Role Models? LMAO just stand on the brakes and you'll probably get a similar result.... :laughing::laughing::laughing:
  18. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

We are up to 14 days with 16 hrs sleep a day...another 7 more on the way:cry::realmad:
  19. stotts1

stotts1 Member

:laughing: ^ thats funny stuff :laughing:
  20. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

After awhile you just get used to no sleep or very little sleep