1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

16' Ebling

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Greenery, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Here are a few pics of my new ebling. I received it unassembled so I thought I would take a few pics of all the parts so others know what to expect when they have it shipped to them. I'm gonna have to bust out the camera for anymore pics as these cell phone pics are a little fuzzy.

Ebling 1.jpg

EblingParts.jpg

EblingHitch.jpg

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Looks Good! Let us know how the install goes and how many beers it takes.

I suggest getting an Evo or other good smart phone with a good camera. My Evo takes perfect pictures.

3. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

very nice. would appreciate the tips when we go to do mine.

4. AndersonCS

AndersonCS Member

I'm jealous...We're due for 8" today and my 16' ebling is gonna be in Friday this week.

5. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing like a new tool... Keep us posted on the install, with pics of course.

6. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

Why is there 2 hitches

7. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Looks nice! I'm jealous...

I would guess that the Ebling bracket needs to go where your factory hitch is, therefor they build their brackets and a new hitch all at the same time...

8. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

It looks like the lighter duty one is the one he removed from his truck to install the new Ebling one. Looks like it is a little bit heavier duty!!!

kevlars

9. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

One hitch will be the old one removed from his truck, and then the new Ebling hitch that will replace it.

10. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Can you still haul a trailer with the new ebling hitch?

11. bsharp704

bsharp704 Member
    from Grant

Yes you can still pull a trailer, the hitches are V5 rated from Ebling.

12. Greenery

The bigger hitch is the Ebling one, I took a pic of it next to the factory one to show the difference. The ebling is obviously a little more stout.

I allready have the plow assembled and the hitch installed. The plow assembly was pretty straight forward, although I did spend a little extra time with the wiring as I like to try to keep any wiring nice and neat. The hitch was also very straight forward using existing holes in the frame. The only drilling required was on the two side support brackets for the hitch. These brackets are bolted to the hitch so your not drilling on the actual hitch itself.

13. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

It's an amazing thing, a trailer hitch that can pull a trailer. :nod: :p

Far stronger than OEM.

14. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That's what she said... Yea, keep posting pics.

15. Greenery

Ya I'll be posting some more pics, they won't be detailed how to pics but pics of each completed step.

16. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

hows the install going?

17. Greenery

Slow, I've got alot of other stuff going on so it got put on the back burner for a bit. Should have it wrapped up by the end of the week though.

18. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

how is everyone mounting these controllers to their seats? The blizzard shoe box's have their velcro straps but these have nothing. Any pointers for mounting?

19. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I just use a piece of double stick tape to my center console.

20. AndersonCS

AndersonCS Member

Find the thread i started on my profile. I got pics of the mount