1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

16 acres of pavement

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by FaulknerLwnCare, Nov 16, 2010.

1. FaulknerLwnCare

FaulknerLwnCare Member

Does 990 seem fair ?Sorry thats only for salt . forgot to include that info

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Details man, Details..... zero tolerance? trigger depth? sidewalks? open or cut up lot? What are you planning on clearing it with? salt included? what are the specs of the customer?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

No

16 acres of pavement is approximately 16 hours of one 8' truck working (realizing you would never do this size lot, but it's a good way to get to a price)

that's $50/hour

I don't think so.

4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Depends on what your salting rate is? is $.09/lb good enough? if so then yep, its fair.

5. FaulknerLwnCare

FaulknerLwnCare Member

Like i stated its a salt only price and i based it on 20 lbs per 1000 square feet

6. FaulknerLwnCare

FaulknerLwnCare Member

Who are you to tell me that we couldnt handle this lot. we have plenty of equipment and man power to take this on. PS i wouldnt even start my cat loaders for 50 an hour

7. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

next time be more informative. We all thought you were plowing the lot as well.

8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

well, you know, in my post it clearly says for 1 truck, and nobody would do a 16 acre lot with 1 pickup, that was my point, i'm just using it for estimating not for actually doing it. I never made one point about if you can do the lot or not.

nor did you say salt only

but clearly, you know all, since you are here asking for help.

nice attitude.

9. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

i got 1650 for salting,

almost 8 tons at 210 per ton installed

i would start your base price at 4300 for 0-3" and go up from there (as far as plowing)