1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

16.5 x 16 x 12 chevy/gmc rims

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by robbie, Nov 15, 2005.

1. robbie

robbie Junior Member

i am looking for a set of 16.5 x 16 x 10 or 12 inch wides rims for an 8 lug 14 bolt chevy axle. i need all four if anybody can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. i currently have a set of 15 inchers on it and brand new 35/12.50 s that i would be willing to trade even up for.

2. payton

payton Senior Member

your looking for 16.5 rims? in 10-12 wide correct. and you have a set of 15 8 lug rims. those are usually pretty pricey.. you can at least get 200 out of them. do a search on this board some one is looking for a set i think in the chevy form.

payton

3. payton

payton Senior Member

4. robbie

robbie Junior Member

thanks

yeah i have posted a thread for that guy to look at but i havent got a response yet.

5. payton

payton Senior Member

you are aware of the need to probally grind your calipers a bit on disk set of correct?

depending on axle your using.

payton

6. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

I think I've got a set of older 16.5's from a Dodge (8 on 6.5) that may work...

Free for the taking if you want them.

~Matt

7. robbie

robbie Junior Member

grinding

yeah i already have those rims mounted on the truck, and yeah i did have to grind down the calibers a lot!

8. robbie

robbie Junior Member

thanks

i appreciate the offer but i need 8 on 5.5

9. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

hey, sorry I couldn't help!

Best wishes...

~Matt

10. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

Are you sure about the 5.5" bolt spacing?
    As far as I know until Ford started using 17" wheels on the trucks all the 8-lug wheels were the same. My '73 Chevy came with 16.5" wheels and I put a set of newer 16" wheels on without a problem. I even used a Dodge wheel. It fit just the same.

11. robbie

robbie Junior Member

those might work

those wheels might work, do you have any pics of them?