1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

16 2500 bumper issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Metal1371, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Metal1371

Metal1371 Junior Member
    from Boston

First time to post and new to site.
    I have a 2016 2500 High Country. I want to put a fisher xtremeV 8.5 on it. I went by the local dealer to ask a few questions. I am being a little picky with how the set up will look on the truck. They showed me a few customers trucks in the lot that they have installed plows on. I noticed the center part of the bumper where the license plate mount is has to be pulled back under the truck a little and tied up because when the fisher plow is raised up it hits that part of the bumper. Anyone have this set up that could advise or send a picture of what it looks like? does it cause any markings or scratches on the bumper or plate?
    I had a idea on a possible fix, wondering if anyone has any input.
    What if i was to put a leveling kit on the truck to raise the front end and then maybe put larger stops on the plow to keep it from raising high enough to hit the truck..... I will only be plowing personal driveways and maybe a couple friends and families...
    Any input or feedback would be appreciated.