1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

15yr old Boss 7.5 ft V-plow...

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by PlowVA, Nov 17, 2009.

1. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Guy wants to sell me his set up. Has all the mounting hardware, lights, controller etc... Looks good except for 2-3 rusted through holes (one the size of a quarter the other 2 holes a dime sized) on the moldboard above the cutting edge. Otherwise it looks pretty good. Says he hasn't used it in a year ot two but ran really good last time he had it going...

Never heard of a 7.5 ft V-plow so that is interesting. But I have no experience with the Boss plows at all.

Any help or info is appreciated...

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure there's plenty of 7.6 Boss vee's out there, they've had them from day one. Being 15 years old is it RT1 or RT2? In that approx age range it could be either.

3. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Not sure what you mean, RT1 or RT2. Can you specify?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

RT1 was the very first design Boss. Was a conventional mount and chain lifted. RT2 was the first with the fully removable light tower/plow assembly and the direct lift using twin lift cylinders. So you have to be careful with what you're buying as not everything is still available....especially components for the old RT1.

5. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Definitely a RT2.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The RT2's were a good plow and parts are still available including mounts for some applications. The rust just above the cutting edge is normal on the older units as they're boxed in on the backside making them susceptible to collect dirt and moisture. If the price was right and depending on what you need for a mount I wouldn't walk away from it.

7. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

He'll give it to me installed on my truck for $900 out the door.....:nod:

BTW Mike, I'm the one that PM'd you earlier about the 79 K-5......

8. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

If you ever need service or parts on that we are here in Manassas, not far from you. And if the snow is falling we are open 24hrs for you