1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1500hd 8'hd too much?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bigbuddy, Jan 18, 2008.

1. bigbuddy

bigbuddy Junior Member
    from maine

I just joined this forum and have enjoyed reading all the posts from some very smart well informed people. I have been pushing snow since the mid 80's with my Father always using fisher plows and GMC's. My question is how underrated do you think my 1500hd crew cab with an 8'hd on it is. (6.0Liter, 8 lug). As of now I have 30 to 35 clients and have yet to adjust my tb's but I do intend to. I have slightly over 2"sag I'm the only driver of this truck and watch and know it well. I have a 3/4" 4x4 steel plate in the body for traction counter weight(ballast?). I think at 1 time I was told the difference in weight between a 7.6 and 8 was 90lb's. reg.duty.
    Just looking for some opions.

Thanks I hope to continue reading new and informative post here often.

Bigbuddy from Maine
  2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

The 1500HD is what throws me off. I am not sure on what front end that is. I believe that it is on the same frame as a 3/4ton.

Yours has 8 lug wheels so that is 3/4ton grade.

I would recommend a set of Timbrens and you should be just fine.
  3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

If you really think 90 lbs. is gonna make or break the front end on your truck..... honestly, that decision is up to you...