1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1500 to Non-hd 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Tracy89, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

Looking at a 2500 its a 99 so its not an HD. Didnt't make the HD until 2001. I have a 99 1500 know. will my fisher push plates and wiring harness be able to bolt on to this truck with little no fabrication? I no its been asked before just cant seem to find the threads using the search button. I no that i can make the wiring harness work on anything. I guess that my biggest question is the pushplates. I have two sets of plates. One set is on my 1500 know and the others I think i might have to take a picture of and have some help figuring them out.

2. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

if they are both old body style then your in good shape

3. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

Sorry forgot that piece of vital information. they are both new body styles.

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

The wiring is good 99-02. Push plates will not work on a 1500 to a 2500. The front part of the frame on a 2500 is the same as a 2500hd.

5. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

Same truck different question...done some searching online and couldn't find anything. The cab mounts the the rear of the cab are shot. beyond repairing whats there. Cant seem to find the mount, I can find the poly bushings all day long but not the steal mount that bolts to the frame and supports the cab. Anyone else ever have this issue?

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

The metal one that is on the frame? Have two that are bad on my 92 blazer but never had that with a truck. Best recommendation is either make and weld to the frame or have it done at a welding shop. Not a common replacement part, so it would be hard to find short of chopping one off a scrap truck or the dealer

7. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

Dealer cant purchase them at all. Cant even order them. Napa, Carquest, Advanced...No one can seem to get this part. Even gone to the extent of LMC Truck and everywhere i look they only seem to list the bushings.