1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1500 Ram

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by firstclass, Dec 31, 2007.

1. firstclass

firstclass Junior Member
    from MI

I own a 2008 dodge ram 1500 4x4. It is a quad cab with factory 20' wheels and the 4.7V8. This is not only my work truck but also my daily driver. We cut 60 residential lawns and two small commercial accounts. I want to put a Boss 7.6ft superduty plow on front, for mostly my residentail accounts. I'm I crazy for doing this will the front sag a lot with the weight of the plow. I was going to get the standard duty but the super duty is a better deal for only a couple hundred extra. Does anyone use a 1500 with "heaveyduty" plow, if so how good does it work? Buying the standard duty plow makethat much of a difference than the superduty plow on a 1500 series? Here in Michigan we haven't got that much of snow, so to avoid stress on the front end the plow will be removed most of the time. Any comments will help me out. Thanks to all...Mike
  2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

A few guys on here do run them on half ton trucks use the search on the site to look for more info. also do a search on Timbrens. Good luck and welcome to plowsite
  3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

4. crabbybob

crabbybob Junior Member
    from 01440

The Boss website has a tool to help identify their recommended plow for your truck. When I fed in the information it came up with the sport duty.
  5. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

We run a Western MidWeight on our Ram1500 Hemi, because thats what the dealer and Western suggested. It works great.
  6. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

2008 frame is different. Up to 2005, you could put a 7.5 ft plow on a Dodge. Now only plow you can put on this lightweight is a 7.2 We3stern LX (Homeowner style) All has to do with legality from dealer standpoint. Plow changes center of gravity bigtime. Buy a 3/4 ton at minimum. JOHN
  7. jrush

jrush Member
    from ct

check the Dodge section of the site, I saw a thread that should be helpful.
  8. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I have a Boss 7'6" super duty , on a 3/4 ton chevy, and it is still pretty heavy on it.
    I do not think I would go with that on a 1/2 ton.

just my .02
  9. firstclass

firstclass Junior Member
    from MI

Thanks for all the great help !
  10. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I have a Chevy 1/2 ton, ecab, short box and a Boss 7-6" Superduty and I have plowed with and without timbren and With is the only way to go.

Pay the timbren guy, problem solved!

Best of luch
    Mike C
  11. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

dodge 1500

I had two Dodge 1500 that I run western plows on it and never had a problem with it . I did install timbrens on them

good luck