1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1500 ram witha hd plow works great!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Lee's plowing, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Lee's plowing

Lee's plowing Junior Member

i have a 1500 ram short bed with a 7.5 hd plow and had to use a sd truck side mount. this is my back up truck but now i use it as my primary, so much easier to turn in a tight driveway or parkinglot. So many people told me i couldnt put a hd plow on a 1500 but i did and i coulndt be more happy to prove them wrong
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Half ton trucks do awesome for plowing most things. I always did a ton of driveways with a half ton & 7.5 Fisher, and my grandfather did the same.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

a halfton is fine for driveways as long as the plow on it is not to big/heavy
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Shhhhh don't say that too loud. 90% of the people on this site will have you believe you cannot put a 7'6" HD on a 1500, but would you believe I actually put one on an 03 Dakota!!!!

Talk about the ultimate driveway rig, I could turn around in some very small driveways.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like it was going to fall forward when lifted, I noticed that on alot of MM1s.
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah you can adjust the headgear on them since they stretch the support "straps" after awhile, I didn't realize that until after I sold it off.
  7. Lee's plowing

Lee's plowing Junior Member

yeah you tell somone that you put a hd plow on a half ton truck and they look at you like you just told them you just saw bigfoot