1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1500' pushes

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Maclawnco, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Im working on a 12 month level billing proposal for the property in the attached picture. We have our production data for the big box stores where you are pushing a square lot or across the short side of a rectangle and can pile snow more or less where its convenient (shortest push) where the pushes are not often more than 500 feet. We will measure this lot tomorrow and I imagine to find the back of the building - photo right - to be 1500 to 2000 feet in length. In pushes of this length, approximately what sort of production are you seeing? Is is 50% of your 'easy' lots? Are we talking 25% less?

I know Ive seen Neige for sure with locations like this at his Costco warehouse so if anyone can share or PM me some production data (plowed with the storm) I would be greatful. TIA

For the technical people, it will likely be serviced with a 16' hd sectional (3 yd loader) and a 12' ld sectional (2 speed skid).

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't do 1500' push go half one way half the other way. Can't tell on the right side of pix,the white area ,are those loading docks? 12 month billing,are you doing the summer work too?
  3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I think the 16 holds 27 cy of snow before spill over... I think your production will depend on wether or not your plowing with the storm or waiting until the end (nevermind just reread it)... it would be nice of them if they could leave 2 or three spots of 3 or so trailers on the right hand side open so you wouldnt have those long pushes.... or just do what neige does and put a 16 footer on a triaxle! (that was cool!)
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  4. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Grandview, yes the summer work is included in the 12 months. Loading docks on the right where the white cement areas are. Good plan on pushing both ways. Not sure on where to stack to south... Rail service comes in from the east/right.
    Mick, great idea on opening up a couple groups of trailers. Will throw that idea out to facility mgr. Want to keep using my excavator to push my boxes. He has 5 or 6 loaders he doesnt use each winter and he likes my seasonal pay structure.
    I know what this place pays, the question becomes can I/do I want to beat their existing pricing.