1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1500 Plowing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by I RocDuP I, Jan 22, 2012.

1. I RocDuP I

I RocDuP I Member

Ok so finally Long Island got a storm we could go out on. Just seeing if any of you have noticed this when plowing. When I first pulled into my lot I noticed that my engine temp went up very slightly. The truck usually runs a drop over 210 so say it was at 212 it went no hotter than 216 but cooled very quickly back to running temp and then stay throughout the lot. Then when I would go to the next lot it would do it within the first few minutes there ancd then quickly run back to normal. I this because it just takes sometime for the fans to kick on. There is no problem during transport and I usually do 50 60. I have the 5.3 Heavy Duty Cooling Package. Dual electric fans.

Also what do you guys see from the transmission as far as temps. Mine varies greatly ranging from 150 to 180 and see spikes of 190
  2. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

aslong as the engine temps go back down your fine, trans temp i wanna say is a little warm, but im new to the auto this year so idk!
  3. ieetgluu

ieetgluu Member

If you search tranny temp or trans temp there is some discussion about this topic