1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1500 Plow Question???

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by BigJoeC, Jul 17, 2011.

1. BigJoeC

BigJoeC Member

Hey guys I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500, its lifted some, it has a 5.9 Magnum V8, 6ft bed w/ a quad cab. My question is can I put something like a Meyer Drive Pro on it being that its only a 1500, I'm only going to do driveways, nothing big. I also have a leveling kit on the front and an extra leaf spring on the back. What do you think?
  2. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Yes the 7 1/2 ft drive pro from Meyer will work on the truck. There are plows from other manufacturers that will also work. It all depends on want dealer is near you.
  3. BigJoeC

BigJoeC Member

Ok thanks...I'm gonna go get one!
  4. highmark923

highmark923 Member

The plow will work great on that vehicle and given the weight of the plow you won't need to do any additional suspension upgrades or changes. You can also step it up to a 650lbs plow from other manufacturers like Western. I run a 650lbs contractor grade Western Standard plow at 7'6" on a 1500 with ballast weight. I also only do residential.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You can run a

Sno-Pro (Curtis) Home Pro
    Fisher SD
    Western mid weight
    Blizzard LT
    Boss mid weight
    Meyer Drive Pro
    Or Snoway 26 Series

Some of them are more adjustable then others so depending on the increase on height of your vehicle you need to check mounting height locations. No sense in buying a plow that will not function properly on your modified truck.
  6. BigJoeC

BigJoeC Member

Wow, thanks for the info guys, im still gonna go with the Meyer Drive Pro, my dad has always had Meyer, and I jus like the plows themselves and the old style pump set up.