1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1500 mount on a 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by FarmerSid, Sep 21, 2011.

1. FarmerSid

FarmerSid Junior Member

Hey all! Looking at a 2006 71/2' Arctic plow that came off a homeowners 2004 GMC 1500 and put it on my 2004 GMC 2500 LD. Dealer says wiring harness will work fine but harness will not. Kinda figured that but dealer said that the 1500 mount should bolt on to the frame horns fine but the rear of the mount is where it won't fit. The mount will be a little narrow as well. Dealer says a new mount will run $600-$700 cdn. I have no problem cutting and welding the mount to fit. I will only be using this plow for personal use or my own driveway.

Can anybody give any insight on the differences between the two mounts.

Thanks!

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

The frame on the 2500 is the same as the 2500hd in the front. The 1500 frame has smaller rails, etc. It would for sure take some fab work to make it fit. Look around for a decent used mount for a 2500 if possible. Maybe someone else could help as far as the fab work goes

3. FarmerSid

FarmerSid Junior Member

I've called around to all the area dealers and none will take in my 1500 mount towards a new 2500 mount. None even deal in used mounts. New only. The cheapest I could get a new one is $750 cdn plus tax (13%). It would be nice to see a 2500 mount so I can kinda compare the two. I have a picture of the 1500 mount already.

Sydenstricker Landscaping, do you mean the rails are narrower and vertically smaller or smaller in only one direction?