1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1500 front end mods....

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by SnowPro93, Jan 29, 2007.

1. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone has made any mods to their front end on a 93-99 1500...i have a sierra z71 and i plan on lifting it 3 inches and i want to mod the front end to make it like a 3/4 ton....i don't know what parts would be easy to swap out such as torsion arms. etc. I'm a nub at these kind of mods so any help is great. Thanks

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Ditch the lift kit.
    Get a for sale sign.
    Sell truck.
    Take money, get 3/4 ton, thats the best way.

There are more differences between a 1/2 ton and a 3/4 ton than the front axle..

jmo...

3. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

ya i was thinking the same thing but we plow a couple industrial accounts and the short wheelbase of the short bed really helps to cut down on time so i was just wondering if it was possible. or could 1 ton parts be swapped out because i have an 89 GMC 3500 that i could use as a parts truck....we have 2 one tons , a 2500hd and a couple loaders so the 1500 really helps out....

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

They make short box ,standard cab 2500's;)