1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$1500 Ford

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Dirtboy953B, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

Found this truck on craigslist last week the guy had it listed as a parts truck,95'F-250 7.3 5spd 4x4 reg cab long bed 205K,Said it's been sitting for 5 years he parked it because it would not run right,he though it was done it was sitting on 3 flat tire's,they we're off the bead.I went to look at it last thrusday with gooseneck and air compressor in hand,I get there,about a hour and a half away,and the body looks even better than the pic's on craigslist very little rust,the truck still has the factory muffler on it and it has a dana 60 under the front!! the engine bay on the other hand was another story,the mice,rat's,squeral's had packed everything they could in there you could not even see the turbo,but the whole under side of the truck was dry,so he was asking $2000 and I offered him $1500 and he took it he bought the truck new said he paid $27,000,said he hed about 50 calls and it was only the first day and I was the first one to come look at it.So with my trusty gas powered air compressor,a ratchet strap and some strating fluid I got all the tire's up and holding air(and they still hold air!)and we got it on the trailer.I got off work at 3:00 on friday afternoon and by midnight it was running!!A while back I picked up a blown motor out of a 97" for $300 it has a bad block but every thing else it still there,so I had to replace the wireing harnness on the motor the lift/transfer pump a fuel line and the valve the switch's tanks to get it runing,So with the truck,part's motor,new pump,and batteres I have $2200 in it and it passed safty inspection today!!

truck 055.jpg

truck 056.jpg

truck 057.jpg
  2. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

heck of a good deal....i like those years of ford....the new ones are fugly.....:confused:...............nice truck,no plow yet?...
  3. Dirtboy953B

No plow yet I have not even had it a week yet,but it will come in time
  4. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Cant go wrong with that deal, good luck with it in the future.
  5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Nothing like the feeling of finding a diamond in the rough. Thats a good deal- Best of luck with her.
  6. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

$1500? Its worth 3x that just in parts.
  7. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

nice !!!!!!!!!!!
  8. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Sometimes you just get lucky. Any one would be a fool to not take it, even if you had to give him the two thousand it's well worth it.
  9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, I was expecting to see a rust bucket.
  10. Dirtboy953B

Thank's I'm really suprised how well it turned out,I wish I would have taken some pic's before I got started.It really run's great,I did not know what to find since it has been 5 years since it ran last,he parked it becuase it needed a fuel pump....$150 part back then,every thing else I put on it was from it sitting for so long,we buffed and waxed it and it turned out great,a polish job on the wheel's did wonders to!
  11. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

thats is one awesome find. im jealous
  12. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

Good luck with it. That generation looks awesome in a regular cab. I'd love one some day. What plow you thinking about? If i had one i think I'd put a Boss VXT on it.
  13. Dirtboy953B

I'm thinkn' a uni-mount because I already have 3 might as well keep them all the same
  14. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

so let me guess your not going to sell it for 3700 are you
  15. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

sweet deal. it's got a nice stance with those tires/wheels too
  16. Dirtboy953B

Lol! No sorry I think i'm going to hang on to it
  17. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

thats not a deal its a steal, good job on the find and good luck with it
  18. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

I think I hate you :)

Seriously, good find. Thought I did okay when I got my 7.3L PSD with plow and under 120 thousand miles for $5000 Cdn.

But I think you did better!
  19. Lakewlc

Lakewlc Junior Member
    from CT

wow.. really good deal