1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1500 ExCab SB 2001 360 - Hiniker? Boss?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by riversnrocks, Feb 4, 2004.

1. riversnrocks

riversnrocks Junior Member

I have a 2001 Dodge 1500 Quad cab SB and need to get a plow for my driveway. My drive is a pain with lots of drifting and sometimes hard for the current plow guy to get through the drifts. It about 1/2 mile long. I plan to use it primarily for my drive, but occassionally for my parent's and sister's drives and maybe the neighbors.

I've been looking into a Boss V plow or Hiniker V plow to be able to break through the drifts and also pile it high. I plan to add timbrens and 3/4 springs to compensate for the weight.

I ahven't seen much discussion about the Boss V-plows or Hiniker V-plows. Does anyone have any experience with these? I've heard questionable things about meyers, western, fisher, and curtis with weight, pumps, and general wear and tear.

I know 2 guys who have straight Hinikers and they love them! The Hiniker V is 8'6" and weighs 890lbs. The Boss V comes in a 7'6" weighing in at 790lbs and an 8'2" weighing in at 860lbs.
    Any suggestions or comments?
  2. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

I'd jsut go with a 7 and half western or boss and throw soem timbren on and make sure ur tires can handle the weight cause the stock 225/75r16 suck get soem 265/75r16 class d or higher
  3. riversnrocks

riversnrocks Junior Member

Thanks for the response ptllandscapeIL. I'm still looking and open for considerations.
  4. ptllandscapeIL

no,problem i was in ur boat,I have a 96 1500 and i put some timbrens on And I run a 7.5 western stright blade pro honeslty ur asking for problems with a V omn our trucks
  5. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Boss plow...... Yessss, Boss plow :D
  6. ptllandscapeIL

whats boss weigh,and is ur plow a pro?
  7. jlm5019

jlm5019 Junior Member

just wondering kipcom, how does that 2001 1500 handle that boss. I am really interested in getting one of those, but everyone tells me my truck won't handle it. I have a 2001 quad cab, 360, 4x4, tow package, off road package, 4:10 gears, auto trans, and the door says 6600 total weight. by the way i'm your neighbor up north in Ft Wayne.
  8. Filer

Filer Member
    from Canada