1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1500 Coil Setup?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ckj, Dec 16, 2003.

1. ckj

ckj Junior Member
    from CT

Been searching the posts trying to figure out what is a good setup but could use some clarification.
    First my truck is way outta warranty. I"m not plowing commercial it's just for mine and my neighbors driveways.
    Here's what I'm going with Meyers ST7.5, MDII.
    01 1500

Currently it has 021/020's. I don't mind a stiff ride and I don't want the front to sag.
    What coil setup would you think would work?
    Is there a need for timbrens?
    Should I also replace the shocks?

I was thinking of going with 038/039 coils.

Thanks for your help.

2. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

ckj..... if all you are doing is a couple of driveways then you dont need to do a thing. The stock springs will hold just fine. It will drop a couple of inches however for all your doing its not a big deal at all.

3. ckj

ckj Junior Member
    from CT

Thanks Kipcom. We'll see how it goes.

4. captfudd

captfudd Member

I have a 1997 with the stock springs, been plowing for 3 seasons with it going into the 4th now .. gonna add timbrens and see how it goes from there, so far the stock springs have been ok I use a meyer 7.5 steel