1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1500 and Sno way

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bmh1202, Oct 21, 2003.

1. bmh1202

bmh1202 Junior Member

Guys- I wanted to get an idea of pricing. My local snoway dealer gave me a price of right around 3800.00 for a 6'8" lexan with remote and install. Does this sound right, or should I look at the 7 1/2 foot?
  2. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

i dont know what the snowways are running price wise but i can get a boss, blizzard, curtis, fisher, for that price or lower. around here. in 7 '5" blades
  3. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

You can get away with up to an 8 foot blade for your truck. I'm assuming it is post 94. If it is, I am certain you shouldn't have any problems, as the Dana 44 can carry a ton of weight. Just add a tranny cooler, and maybe a set of timbrens and you should be good to go. Good Luck:salute:
  4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

My 7'6" Snoway installed price from just a few months ago was about $3,200; I have the hardwired controller, but the remote controller would've added $100
  5. wyldman

wyldman Member

I agree with Matt,get something a bit bigger.The Dana 44 is a solid axle,so it will carry it just fine.Add a set of Timbrens,and get an 8 footer.A 6'8" is way too small.
  6. bmh1202

bmh1202 Junior Member

When you are saying an 8' do you mean steel or the poly. I'm just concerned about the weight of the steel. Dealer quoted me $385 for the remote, but the controller comes with the wired one standard. Thanks
  7. wyldman

wyldman Member

Steel or poly,the solid axle will carry it fine.With a Snoway,the weight difference between the steel and Lexan is minimal.
  8. bmh1202

bmh1202 Junior Member

Thanks Chris. You're the man! :D
  9. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Curious, what year is your 1500? I have an 2003 and was told a plow would void warranty due to new IFS setup.
  10. Rich Forssberg

Rich Forssberg Junior Member

1500 sno-way

What year style is your 1500? I'm having a Sno-Way Predator HT installed Friday W/remote 7'.6" for 3200.00. Going on Ram1500 5.9 quad LB 2001. Had alot of good feedback on my post the other day on what kind of plow to throw on it. Good Luck!
    Just my luck I set up for the install Friday and now their calling for 3-6 inches Starting Friday morning.:cry:
  11. bmh1202

bmh1202 Junior Member

mine is a 2000 5.9 auto ext cab shortbed. I've decided to look into getting a new truck though instead of putting a plow on this one brcause of tranny problems it's having. Looking at '04 2500 and western plow. Dealer has some out of this world deals on trucks now.
  12. computerguy

computerguy Member

I paid $3500 a few weeks ago for a 7.5 MT with lights, downpressure, remote, and Timbrens installed. It was on an F150 but that shouldn't make much of a difference. I recommend the Timbrens unless you have a beefed up front suspension.
  13. SWH Enterprises

SWH Enterprises Junior Member

I paid 4200. installed with lights, and hard wired control. Dont trust the wireless, last thing i need is for this thing to start picking up some other signal. Used it 3x works awesome.I have the Predator M/T 7'6" steel with down pressure mounted on a 97 1500 Crew Cab. 5.2 liter auto. Low range-1st gear with the dp on has some awesome scraping ability!!! Just my .02
  14. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

hey guyI jsut found this site,about a month ago, last summer i ahd gotten a new truck a 96 ram 1500 and i went to get a unimount pro plow from western,and i found out western didnt warranty the plow on my truck then i gave up hope until a month later i heard about sno-way and the mt 7.5 lexan,and after alot of reading on this boardIve heard about timbrens. so my question is this,if i put heavy duty shocks and springs and timbrens on the front end coudl i put a 7.5 ultramount pro ploy western on there?

Thanks paul:)
  15. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

My brother in law has a 2000 with the Western 7 1/2 ultra with the stock suspension and no timbrens. His rides just fine. He could use the timbrens but opted not to get them. Go ahead and get a 7 1/2' blade. Western is my blade of choice. I have one on an 02 Dodge 2500 and it screams. The axle will take it. The truck will take it. Like was said earlier, put a trans cooler on it and you will be golden.
  16. ptllandscapeIL

whats a trans cooler and what do they run? because the guy i got it from had a plow on there not sure what kind but i can tell it was soem kind or unimount set up due to the cut in the liner under the bumper,he also put soem big ass tires on there 285/70r16 that were rubbing crazy i jsut changed therm up and now i have 265/70r16 on there much better!
  17. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

A trans cooler is like an auxiliary radiator for your transmission. Assuming you have an automatic trans, you will want to have this extra bit of protection. They cost about $50.00 and you can get them at just about any parts store. They are simple to install. It should take about an hour +-. Best thing to do is change the trans fluid at the same time. Less of a mess this way. When doing so, don't forget to drain the torque converter. This is where 1/4 of your fluid resides. If you need more info, please pm me. It would make for a long post.
  18. ptllandscapeIL

hey anyone else got a 96 or 97 1500 ram ext cab with a nice plow and salter set up?
  19. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you might as well get get a western ultra mount or a meyers md2 series