1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

15' X 35' Driveway (4 cars fit in this area)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Greenman2ooo, Oct 28, 2000.

1. Greenman2ooo

Greenman2ooo Banned

I was wondering how long it would take one of you (Not Lazer, we all know he is a speed demon, with whom a newbie like myself would not likely be able to keep up.) to plow a drive this size? They are straight drives on level ground that must be backdragged from the garage to the street.

How long to snowblow a 100' section of sidewalk? All of the talk I hear of residential work and profit margins, I am going to try to balance them with my commercial accounts.

Would a total of 7 minutes be a little on the high side for one individual to complete both tasks?

What might an expected "average time" be to complete these tasks?

I am setting these particular customers up as yearly, so I can increase my cashflow significantly by charging for the service in two installments, one at signing and one the 15th of December.

I wonder what others of you charge for a yearly price on accounts of that nature in a market that averages 28" of snow annually. Please email me your price (if you don't want to discuss pricing on the board) at greenman2ooo@hotmail.com.

My guess would be $200 per season to plow, based on a maximum of 8 events (3 last year). I would charge an additional $80 per season for walks. I realize the walks are much less profitable than the plowing, but I think I will get much more business if I offer the service. That balances things out since there would be a large gain in efficiency if I had half a dozen or more drives within a minutes drive of each other.
  2. Michael F

Michael F Senior Member

That size drive with my truck with a 9' Fisher I have average about 3 minutes, this does not include drive time, when I do schuduling I ussually allow 10 minutes per drive(6 per hour), time does definitly very dependiny on driver and how well he know the route, pricing I can't help you on we average 90+ inches a year, contracts used to yield 20 trips for around $ 200.00, but have been changed to yeild at 100 inches for arround same price, unlimited run from $ 210-350.
  3. Snow Pro

Snow Pro Senior Member

$25 minimum for straight flat drives. $30 for "J" shaped and at least $35 each for circulars. Best if you carry an extra guy in the truck to do the hand work. You can get a lot more done that way.

We have time sheets that everyone uses that are rounded off to the nearest 5 minutes. Usually a bunch in a row would be 5 minutes each then a few squeezed in between would we 0 time. So I was doing maybe 15 an hour solo.