1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

15 to 30 inches commin to CT shore

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BillyRgn8, Jan 22, 2005.

1. BillyRgn8

BillyRgn8 Junior Member

15 to 30 inches and 50 mile an hour winds expected on the connecticut shore. this is nuts is there any one that can handle 30 inches. never mind 3.5 inches per hour this is crazy but i think the $$$ will keep me goin.

2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Its not going to be easy, thats all i can say. Just do the best we can and be careful.Its the weekend so i plan on taking my time and hope keep up with it the best i can.Im more worried about the drifting that may happen.I have this loading dock that always drifts bad right infront of the door.

3. Plowbie

Plowbie Member

yeah i can't believe i just checked the thermometer and its -1 with a blizzard coming tomorrow. this is serious stuff. i'm on the shore so i'm in the deep zone.

4. daninline

daninline Senior Member

When I got up this morning I went out a 7am and it was -11 burrrr.

Plow with the storm sounds like a good thing tonight.
    Drive safe and take your time.

5. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

38 Inches within 14 hours here in NH in 2001. You can handle it... I did.

6. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

this will be a good one for some pictures...I am not sure if i can deal with 30" and drifts calling my buddy with the "BIG" loader just in case. the condo unit i clear is 100% full and may have no place to push. trucking my be the answer payup payup payup

7. danno

danno Senior Member

:eek: I SEE FLAKES AT 0930HRS, BOYS! :drinkup:

8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Here in Northern NJ, NOAA has a Blizzard Warning on my area, with total snow amounts of 18-24". Time to make some serious money!!! :waving:

9. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

at 2:00 pm its coming down...here we go!

10. Mikelandscaping

Mikelandscaping Senior Member

Its Snowing in New London. Time to head out. Keep checking in thru out the night

11. Turfman76

Turfman76 Junior Member

Western end of state here......

Started here around 1:30, picked up in intensity about half hour ago, gonna be a long weekend....good luck to all....

12. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

snowing hard in middletown good inch on the ground already!!!

13. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

40 inches predicted here and we have a "Blizzard Warning"

14. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

40 Inches? Who told you that. I will not be suprised by 2 and a half feet but i think its unlikely that we see 40" anywhere. Just starting here now.

Yes, your right, we all should be able to handle it otherwise we should not be plowing. Its coming down really hard now, if it keeps up like this iam heading out within the hour. Ill be plowing all night and all day tommrrow. Running both trucks, my brother driving the Jeep, me the F-150. We should be abe to do a fairly good job keeping up. I expect to get little sleep between now and monday. I will probley finish clean up late sunday night/early monday morning. Not expecting school Monday. Monday morning i will finish all my regulars and get them as clean and neat as possible. Then take all the flag downs from people trying to get out to go to work and have not dug out their cars yet. Probley end up pulling out some stuck vehicles too. Its nice powder so it won't be too bad on the trucks, should be able to push it with ease. Major, Major money from this storm!

15. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Take care out there fellas. It's going to be a wild one.
    Hang on Harvey. :)

16. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Heres the report for my area:
    Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...COASTAL HANCOCK ME-COASTAL WASHINGTON ME- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... BAR HARBOR... BLUE HILL... CHERRYFIELD... EASTPORT... ELLSWORTH... LUBEC AND MACHIAS 323 PM EST SAT JAN 22 2005
    ... BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM SUNDAY TO MIDNIGHT EST MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CARIBOU, ME HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD WARNING.

SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD COASTAL DOWNEAST MAINE LATE TONIGHT AND CONTINUE HEAVY AT TIMES ON SUNDAY ACCUMULATING A TOTAL OF 12 TO 18 INCHES WITH LOCAL AMOUNTS UP TO 2 FEET. STRONG NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS WILL RESULT IN EXTENSIVE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW REDUCING VISIBILITIES TO NEAR ZERO. STRONG WINDS COMBINED WITH VERY COLD TEMPERATURES WILL RESULT IN DANGEROUSLY COLD WIND CHILLS.

payup payup

17. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

15 to 30 inches commin to CT

Here's what we're in for according to NOAA.

Tonight...Snow showers. Snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Very windy. Much colder with lows around 8 above. Northwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph. Wind chill values as low as 15 below after midnight.

Sunday...Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Total snow accumulation 4 to 7 inches. Windy. Much colder with highs around 12. Northwest winds 20 to 30 mph. Gusts up to 50 mph...Decreasing to 40 mph in the afternoon. Wind chill values as low as 15 below.

18. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

Blizzard

SO what's the best way to keep up with this storm. I'm thinking attempting to clear every 4-6 inches. Any suggestions would help. Last I heard was 20-30 inches,

BE SAFE

19. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

i would go out every foot max

20. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

commercials im hitting every 4 to 6 inches. driveways will have to wait a while but plan on hitting them atleast twice.