1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

15 inches on the way

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Dave Meyers, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

I paid $200 for the used plow, and picked up the snow thrower for free. We are in the midst of a heavy 15 inch snow. I bought the plow mainly so I can clear the bottom of the driveway of the huge pile the city plow leaves there. I can't wait to finally use it. My 9 year old uses the snow thrower and is just as excited to use it as I am to use the Scout. I hope to post pics of the storm as it progresses.

plow team001.jpg

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking Scout. I dont know if I would plow with it it looks to nice. But good luck and have fun and be safe out there. :waving:

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

That scout should push some snow! It's an old Western, right? The Toro should be perfect for the kid, too, as that's about when I started using the one we bought. Good luck!

4. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

The plow is a Meyer, the pump and motor are a Western. I just plow the driveway and a neighbor's drive or two, without driving on heavilly salted roads. I have thoroughly undercoated the new floors with roofing tar and undercoating. The paint job looks good at a distance or in pics, but cost $8 in rustoleum and foam rollers. My son already started using the snowthrower, when he is done with the driveway the portion he started on is laready covered again, and he loves it because that means he gets to use the snowthrower again.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck with the scout!

6. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

Scouts make super plow trucks! I had a 1979 Scout II with a meyers set up years ago and man that thing was a tank. Looks good man.

7. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

thats an awesome scout don't see them much anymore :cry: its too bad

8. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

that thing is nice looking, got any more pictures. Pictures of the scout not the snow blower.:jester:

9. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

Here are before and after pics. It started as a green Scout with full length top. The floors were toast and so were the fenders. I didn't repair the fenders, I just trimmed them and installed a piece of edge trim. I burned in new floors. The third pic is my previous Scout, a 1967 on a 1978 frame.

73 sII.jpg

trim002.jpg

CAQZGLY9.jpg

10. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I got 10 inches today, and it's still falling, not as hard though.

11. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I think we will have close to 20" here by the time it's all done falling. I'm going to bed for a while. Good night!