1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

15 bucks.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Red_Rattler, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

2. RenegadeX

RenegadeX Junior Member

I was going to say... "Must be a high school kid and his buddies with a blower or 2 and a couple of shovels"...... but:
    #1) at the bottom of the ad, it says "been in business for 15 years".
    #2) it says "$25", not $15. (and I visited this thread less than 5 mins after you posted).

When I was in high school, I used to charge neighbours $20/driveway per snow event. Perhaps he's a kid who never grew up and is taking inflation into consideration in his pricing? (lol)

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

There is one I do for 15 for less than 6 inches. But the driveway is about the size of my truck and she is an elderly person. And its close to others.

4. Ryno

Ryno Junior Member

Why would someone write their own ad if they knew they couldn't spell or form proper sentences. Probably just some kid.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Can you say "beer money"?

6. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Well, let's see......$25 per drive at 5-6 drives per hour = $125-$150/hour, which is more than most people here claim to get hourly. Even I can get 5-6 "$25.00" drives in an hour in a rural area. I'm sure someone in the city or 'burbs can do even better.

7. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I got 30 houses from a guy sidewalks and 1 car drives some little bigger most within a mile or 2 radius and I do them for 20-28, takes me and a shoveler about 3-3.5 hrs. Thats almost 200 per hr. It totally depends on how far apart they are. I wont do a single residential drive for under 35.00 besides that though.