1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

14' IST Loader

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by Snowplow71, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Replacing the cutting edges on my IST loader 14', it has the old 2 piece cutting edge instead of the new 24". I see the blue poly is cracked/torn from what I'd assume is being left adjusted all the way down all summer after last winters use. Normally I'd just call protech in Rochester but being Sunday I was hoping someone has replaced these bad boys before and could give me a ball park figure? As it is I'm going back tomorrow to exchange the edges as they gave me the wrong ones Thanks guys

2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I have a older style 12 and I had it for a couple of days and the poly trip split all the way across it. I took it back to the dealer and they said they would take care of it and one year later I finally got my parts and they are the new style parts. the new style don't exactly line up and just got pissed off and said piss on it and got a bx.

3. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

Mike,

It is completely unacceptable that you would need to wait that long for parts and then received the wrong parts. Our sincerest apologies. What dealer did you use?

4. Mike S

Kaffenbarger

5. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

That explains a lot

6. Mike S

You say that but I have got really good service from them for the past 5 years, ive been very happy with them. Recall on bxs happened it was no big deal it got taken care of by them in a super short amount of time so I don't think they where100% the problem here.

7. SWestwood

SWestwood Junior Member

I upgraded last year to Pro-TEch's new steel edge with that blue poly. Thing is awesome. Those poly sections are smaller to so you can switch them out easy. Dealer's been pretty good but dealers in general are always hit or miss.