1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

14 HD Sectional

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by kickin'a, Dec 12, 2010.

1. kickin'a

kickin'a Member
    from Iowa

Somewhat disappointed, less than a yr old and have 5-6 springs already broke. Is this normal for these plows? If it is, I would have thought twice about buying another. any thoughts would be great and where is the cheapest place to purchase parts.

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Springs or the rubber blocks? either way I'm sure its operator error... they can't beat the snot out of them like ridged pushers....mines a year old and is good as new... I'm sure Steve will chime in soon....

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The funny thing is we don't break the blocks we just bend the frame. I thought I sent Steve a PM but he never got back to me. Was wanting to get rid of the LD's and buy some HD's.

4. kickin'a

kickin'a Member
    from Iowa

Mick, I said springs, at no point did I mention rubber block. "operator error"? seriously did you just say that because of your own personal expierence? all 5 center springs need replacing 4 broke and the other one is stretched and mounted losely. everyone always jumps right to operator error. thats like saying your 1157 bulb burned out because you hit the turn signal lever to fast or hard.

Having all 5 bad leads to believe a design issue or inferrior product from there supplier, at any rate I don't care WHO did it I want to know how and why, and a solution.

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Just trying to help. People call the "blocks" many different names and I was just making sure we were on the same page. Operator error... Yes I said that... If It wasn't operator error, you'd have a ton of us (me included) bitching to arctic because of a inferior product...

As I previously stated operators that are use to a ridge pusher tend to beat the snot out of them and they think they can use the sectional in the same fashion... you can't... did you train your operator on how to properly use the arctic? call arctic directly if you think i'm blowing smoke up you arse.....

Personally I've heard of the rubber blocks failing (BECAUSE OF OPERATOR ERROR) but not a "trip" spring as your referring too. maybe you have a bad bunch of springs idk, this is the first time I've heard of a spring. PM Steve about the issue as I'm curous also to the problem.

6. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

We are on our second year with 2- 14HD's both are behind Case 621's. I have not experianced any failiers of any kind. Perhaps you plow was poorly prepped before you got it????

7. kickin'a

kickin'a Member
    from Iowa

Problem solved bad set of springs from the getgo. Customer service took care of me and give this company an A+. Good feeling when someone is not afraid to stand behind their product. Thank You Arctic!

8. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Glad they were able to help you out with new springs! Arctic Service is #1!