1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

14' Ebling back blade.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Aug 20, 2013.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Checking interest.

I am thinking of selling my 14 foot hydraulic wing back blade. Its 3 years old. It is the flat mold board style which is stronger than the older curved style Ebling used to make. It comes with a mount for a 99 to 07 classic GM 2500 and wiring. (little dis calmer) According to Ebling when I purchased the blade I was told the mount is designed for short box 3/4 ton trucks. Meaning trucks with ext. and crew cabs w/6 foot boxes. Now I did put a similar blade on a reg cab long box and the mount looked the same. If you have a long box and buy this I am not responsible if the mount wont work. If you have questions call Ebling. The cutting edges are practically unused and in good shape. The plow is straight and not beat up. I was the only one that used it. I am thinking of getting out of the business. I am looking to get $4,800.00. Plow must be picked up. It is to heavy to move by hand if I met you somewhere. Pics can be seen in the "my ebling" thread in my sig. Thanks for looking

176.jpg

2. extremepusher

extremepusher Senior Member
    from west mi

I believe the Hitch arm are shorter on a short box compared to a long box. Something to do with how it bolts to frame of the truck.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Thank you for clarifying.

4. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

Is it a single cylinder lift or dual?

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Single. Never had a issue with it struggling either. All of them are standard like this unless you get one and have a salter on your truck.

6. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

Yea,, I have a vbox as well..best of luck with the sale!!

7. jchudzinski

jchudzinski Junior Member

Call me, Interested, 989 942 0055

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Still have the plow guys.

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Still have it. And it is officially for sale now.

10. extremepusher

extremepusher Senior Member
    from west mi

What are going to do in the winter instead?

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I work for a landscaper that has me run one of his trucks. I used to do a 3-4 hour route on my own and do a 4 hour route of his. Just getting sick of the BS competition around here. Everything I bid people expect a lot for little amount. On top of insurance, maintenance costs, fuel costs, and wear and tear on everything. I think I will let someone else deal with the headache. I would rather come in at say 1-2 am work until 6ish then go home and take a short nap. I am also a paid on call fire fighter and we have full time staff at our station so if a guy takes a day off I can pick up a shift and still be there before shift change at 8.

$4500 cash takes the blade.

12. jchudzinski

Still a little too high, You can get a brand new one for close to $5,500.00

13. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

We bought one at work last year for 6000 that was a 12 footer and we assembled it and installed it. When I bought this one I paid 5300 or 5400.

14. jchudzinski

I understand, but it's three years old and your only taking 1500 of retail. I would sell all mine if i could get that money out of them,

15. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I am listing it for what I think it is worth and what I see them on craigslist for. Compare it to a brand new one I think its a good deal. Even v blades that are 3 years old are still 3000 dollars with no mounts. I am not going to give it away. I will keep it before I do that.

16. jchudzinski

Valid point

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Season is getting closer guys. This size blade new cash and carry from ebling is 6300 dollars. Installed its 6600. I think 4500 is a good deal on this blade.

18. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Sale pending

19. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I remember when you bought that thing, you scratched and clawed to get it, I would hold out on price too. Suprised the guys you are working for don't pick it up. We have one, it IMO, takes a unique person to make them worth while verses the damage they can do. It's hard to keep fenders on trucks with nothing attached let alone front and rear blades.....

20. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Yes I wanted one in the worst way. I was offered really really close to what I wanted for it and figured why not. If our one truck didn't have the salter I am sure my boss would of bought it from me. But of the other trucks has a 14 and the other one has a 12 on it. It does take a unique person to run them efficiently too.