1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

13th - 16th

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Vaughn Schultz, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

2. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I'm a little confused. Are they calling 1"-4" a Major Winter Storm? Unfortuntely, even at 1"-4" it would be the ONLY winter storm to date for us.

OK, I re-read it. 5-10 day outlook is the 1-4 with the possibility of a Major Storm between the 13th and 16th. Good luck with that and I hope some of it comes our way, but I seriously doubt it. The outlook here is in the 60's most days...very crazy.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Heck, for anybody outside of CO, NE, KS; 1-4" is a major winter storm this year. :dizzy:

4. Vaughn Schultz

I think with a dusting of snow they may need to bring in the national guard wesport

5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

If you read the text portion of his forecast you will understand what he is doing. The possibility of the winter storm is still uncertain. The area within the red outline could be impacted if the storm comes together. Let's hope so, but at this point who knows:confused:

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry, can't read. I only look at the pictures. :D

7. SnowMatt13

I got some pictures you might be interested in:eek: , but might not make it past the administrators:nod:

8. mark m

mark m Junior Member

see that dark blue. thats me
    hope it happens!!!!!!!!!
    thanks mark

9. Vaughn Schultz

Thats what off topic is for, post em up

10. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

im sitting here trying not to get excited so the snow gods think i dont care about the snow but in return dump it on us. but I cant help it, I just want to :bluebounc :bluebounc !!!

im getting xysport to make the payup

11. SnowMatt13

All that we can do is hope. It happened once this year already where forecasters weren't sure if we would get anything and we ended up with over a foot. It sounds like a lot of things have to happen to make a major storm, but at this point I wouldn't mind a couple of inches just to get the dust off the plows and salters:D

12. Vaughn Schultz

13. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

14. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

I modified it, this is the typical situation.

[​IMG]

15. Vaughn Schultz

well things a are starting to look up ;)

16. mopar250

mopar250 Junior Member

Very true, the early Dec. storm we had wasn't forcasted at all at least in my area. Storm was on Friday and we got 20 inches and wed. night they were saying slight possibility of 1 to 3 inches. Ya never know......

17. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Dare to dream!!!!!

I think that map is a little optimistic... Drop the snow amounts by 3 to 4 inches.

NE MN is only going to get 1 to 3 inches. now at the other end of the Great lakes you may get a lot of snow from lake effect.