1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

13pin -> 11pin

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Injunfarian, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

So after doing some research it appears that the boss plow I purchased has both the 13pin and 11pin wiring harness....
    13 pin on truck side and 11 pin on plow side
    I have yet to test it but will there be any issues?

2. deebo1133

deebo1133 Member

Yes, it will work. A friend of mine w/ one year old v-plow just came over and moved my older straight blade w/11 pin harness and everthing worked. As a matter of fact for a little money in parts he claims he can hybrid mine since I have a 13 pin truckside as well and make it like the newer rapid hook up setups w/a toggle on the lightbar and all.

3. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

I do have the toggle on the light bar but I counted the wires on the truckside there is 13 counted them on the plowside only 11... also a dealer told me to look at my lights if they have 1 bolt then they are 11pin if they have 2 then they are 13pin and mine only have 1 mount...
    If someone could help Identify my plow for me I would greatly appreciate it just let me know what pictures you need...

4. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What style is the toggle on the tower? Is it a momentary up and down toggle or does it have an up and down fixed detent?

6. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

Hello I believe I identified my plow it was a early 2000-2001 RT3 with Smart Hitch 1.
    The toggle on the tower is fix detent as in its either up or down.
    I also have search(*doh* should have done this in the first place) and found a post on how to switch from the 11pin to 13pin and upgrade to the new smart light system so I did do that as well. Was a bit of a hard knock on the wallet but I had to replace the lights anyways since the lenses were held on using electrical tape.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Those had plenty of life left in them. There's still duct tape - the handyman's secret weapon. And of course zip ties, then bailing wire. After that, keep your eyes open at the lawn sales and flea markets....

8. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

Very true, I was planning on fixing them up for this winter but I am new to the industry and there isnt much time to get everything going before the snow falls so I decided to just pony up the cash and get all new just to make sure I can start this season on time. And will not have any issues with them during the season.