1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

+13c today but i finally got my wings!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by cmo18, Mar 8, 2012.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Total width is over 11'2"!

unfortunately I'll probably have to wait until next year to use these wings.

Very easy to mount and dismount, installation was easy. I do wish they would of designed them to store and go like the straight blades but still a very nice add on for 650$

Will make clean up very quick, and make the small 2-3" storm very quick

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks nice,but why abuse your truck?
  3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

abuse? explain

I doubt its that much more stress on the truck compared to just the 9.5 blade.

Wet heavy snow I wont use the wings, more so just for clean up and the small storms. Tractors take abuse
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  4. grandview

Just that the more snow you try pushing the more stain on every part of the truck.
  5. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

So he should go with a 6.5 or 7' blade?
  6. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

why plow with a truck then?

honestly going from a 8ft blade to 9.5ft v the truck still hasnt worked really. I've yet to see a difference in fuel consumption, temperatures, or rpms when pushing.

My opinion the truck is there to push snow and I cant see there been much more of difference. But unfortunately we wont know till next year!

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

you will have to excuse grand view he is use to using that other brand of trucks. ;)
  8. grandview

Normally,I would say go Ford,but in this case it could apply to any truck.
  9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah but the amount you'll save in time (=more money) is worth the added strain and wear on parts IMO. Also I don't see it being bad especially compared to those guys with back blades along with a plow on front.
  10. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I'd agree, I'm not too worried. Just need to keep the transmission temps down and I'll live with the extra 100lbs. Lifetime warranty balljoints:mechanic:

The wings are going to have their places but I do have some places that the wings will be just to big.

Most likely just run them at night and during clean up. I have one large property that I have problems fitting in clean up time without bringing in another operator again. So I'm hoping I can fit it in to my clean up route now and save on wages and an extra piece of equipment.

Total savings per storm will be in the $150-$250 per storm which will more than likely pay for the wingspayup
  11. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Once you put them on and run a bigger plow, you won't want to take them off unless you absolutely have to. Bigger,faster,better.
  12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I agree with both of you. The only reason I could see myself removing them would be for transport since the plow would be too wide for many roads up here.

But the added width, plus the angle of the wings for preventing run-off should help you be much more productive.
  13. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

You know, if you remove the plow entirely, there won't be any strain on the truck from plowing..........

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

I Agree with both of you guys ,but FYI there was a guy on here whom had I believe a dogg plow with wings and was ticketed for over width on road way??????
  15. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Not sure what the laws are in New Brunswick but in Ontario the max width of your plow while transporting is 8'-6". Over that and you will be paying a fine ... for good reason.
  16. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Exactly!! :nod:
  17. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

i run a 9ft ultramount, with wings. a little over 11ft wide on my 04 dodge. have for 3 years. welcome to the "i can whip out my big 11" blade" club. makes 7.5" plows look dinky.

hey, we gotta overcompensate somehow.
  18. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Yea I guess when your running dodge you have alot to make up.....haha

That's a big blade though, I wouldn't be running that on a truck unless the truck was twice the size.
  19. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

this isnt abusing your truck... this is being productive!

20. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

THIS, is abusing a truck... dont let these guys worry ya. you will be fine.