1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

138 driveways in reverse : (

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Trueduelz, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Trueduelz

Trueduelz Junior Member

does anyone know if those glue on plow shields really work?
    also does somebody have pics/knowhow on how to fab a back drag blade behind the plow?
    I saw some one with pics on here last winter. My crew and I back drag 138 driveways
    anything would be helpfull!
    Thanks Brothers-
    Trueduelz

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

What's the reason you don't have a back blade? You are nuts to be doing that many driveways with one (or two)...

3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

if your doing 138 driveways i would look into the hiniker c plow it would save you all a lot of time. i personally dont care for hiniker but the c plow is the only product they make that is worth owning JMO

4. Trueduelz

Trueduelz Junior Member

All the driveways arent too bad. Its a town Home complex and the homes are in straight lines so you get used to pulln in drop ur blade back out pull back in drop ur blade back out and move to the next one do the same etc. What i do get tired of is my blade floating over snow that i really think i should have scraped off. There was a guy on this forum that had pictures of his blade and the cutting edge he custom added to the back of it. It looked pretty sweet, it tripped and everything. somebody must know somethin'

wheres B&B he'll know-

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2007
  5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Seriously, 138 drives, i have one word,

BACKBLADE!

No more floating in deep snow, pull it out in one pass, down pressure the entire lenght of the drive.

Really it would save you alot of time.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

This post with pics of GRN MTN's setup might be the one your thinking of Td, Backdrag edge Although his is on a Fisher, the same setup will work on any blade. I don't have any plows here now with the edges that I made to take a pic, but I make mine the exact same way as his, except I don't put the third hinge in the center.That way you only need to pull 2 pins at the outside of the plow to remove the edge. I normally use a worn out front edge to make the back edges as their almost free and easy to come by...but if I can't and have to by new steel, I just have the steel supplier shear it to size for me...but instead of using the usual 1080 hi carbon steel that the front edges are made of, I use a material called "Hardox". It's an abrasion resistant mild steel so it's more "fabricator friendly" and alot cheaper than the 1080 hi carbon, plus it wears great as a BD edge.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2007
  7. Trueduelz

Trueduelz Junior Member

I knew you would know thanks buddy-

8. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

On the liners we used a channel to hold the shield on top. We glued it on the first year and held it on with the screws but the temps changed the fixed location and the skin warped so we made it free float on the face of the plow held down by the cutting edge work great cuz nothing sticks to it and it makes the face look like new but about 2 seasons for the new look but sure it would last 4.....

linner (Medium) (2).jpg

100_0064 (Medium).jpg

9. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

B&B any chance you can send a pic and the material (ie pins, sleeves used) to hold your backdrag blade on your plow? I am making one and like your quick release idea. Thanks, Ken you can email direct at streetfrog@comcast.net

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry streetfrog, I never took any pics but I used 5/8 round stock cut to length for the pins and 1/4" wall tubing with a 5/8" ID to make the sleeves for the pins to slide through..

The next one I make, I'll be sure to get some pics this time...

11. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Thanks alot B&B That helps immensely. I appreciate it and can take it from there. Now just to decide if I want to go that route or a hanging type lol. I'll make it by monday regardless.