1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Blazin, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

After two weeks of nothing we got 13' of somewhat wet snow during the night, and yesterday morning. Rough plowing as during that two weeks allot of melting occurred. Huge patches of bullet proof ice, and allot of bare gravel showing. Gravel was hard but allot of places were rough as it had been soft and left small ruts.
  2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

You have any Pics?
  3. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

With a title like 13", my mind went in a totaly different direction.
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I found some decent pot holes in some of my lots. We had so much snow in january we plowed alot and ripped up some asphalt at a few locations where I know they are not tending to lots in the summer time as much as they should. They just kept getting filled in with snow and ice and now that it is melted there are huge craters at a couple of them. I mean tire and wheel eaters if you arenot paying attention and driving to fast. I tell them about them, but they will not fix them.
  5. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Down here in Manchester, we got around 4 inches that ended early am Thursday, then I woke up this morning and another 2" fell last night! My wife woke me up at 6 and said "Uh, you might want to look out the window." My internal cash register gave the old ka-ching! I didn't even know there was a possibility for another 2". God I love the little storms. Looks like another one on Sunday.
  6. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Yeah we got another 1" over night, then another 1" in squalls today.
  7. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Well we got another 18" Sunday night into Monday!
  8. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Looks like Ragged Mt. should be seeing good skiing conditions this week.