1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

13 years, full trip and curbs!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by REAPER, Jan 6, 2011.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Yes I abuse the plow. It seems I always get to close to curbs and over the years it finally did this BOSS full trip in. Took the old moldboard to salvage yard today. :dizzy:

Back drv side corner.

back corner.jpg

Front of same corner.

frnt corner hole.jpg

Cutting edge cutting edge.jpg

More front edge popped.

popped frnt.jpg

What it looked like before removal.

back folded.jpg

back corner.jpg

frnt corner hole.jpg

back folded.jpg

cutting edge.jpg

popped frnt.jpg
  2. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

........................................................ D@mn!
  3. tiaquessa

tiaquessa Senior Member

I think it's time to buy a new plow. I'm just saying.....I mean maybe.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

More pics

Right side corner.

rt frnt corner break.jpg

Flat plow :(

flat plow.jpg

Putting in bed of truck for salvage yard.

standed for junk.jpg

Got real lucky and found this plow to use in the mean time for $1200. It ain't pretty but it is complete and works. I may use the other light tower and order a 8.5 straight mold board and sell after I buy the V -XT when things come together. :mechanic:

new-old plow.jpg

frnt new-old plow.jpg

flat plow.jpg

rt frnt corner break.jpg

standed for junk.jpg

new-old plow.jpg

frnt new-old plow.jpg
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

looks to me most of the problem was rust thinning the metal from the inside out and letting the strength drop to almost nothing.

but hay she had a good life and made you lots of money and life much better than movin it by hand. :eek:

r.i.p good old boss blade :salute:
  6. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Didn't your wife/ mom/ anyone teach you to play nice with curbs? haha sorry man, bet that will cost some nice coin to replace...
  7. paponte

paponte Senior Member

That's awesome! Nice to know I'm not the only one that uses plows till they are "done".
  8. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not so sad considering how much payuppayuppayuppayup that thing has probably made you over the years!

I was just gonna shoot you over a list of plows I saw on craigslist after hearin the news from Tim. a V XT... Nice!
  9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

wow reaper...what a life that plow had.......glad you got somthing to hold you over...yeah colin should have gotten back to you....but instead he was telling me what was for sale...i really did not care....lol
  10. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah thanks for the support there tim, always a team player :realmad::yow!:Thumbs Up
  11. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

all I can say is WOW, atleast you got your money's worth and then some

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

DAMN THAT THING IS BAD! Atleast you found something to use in the mean time.
  13. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

take her to the graveyard!!!

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

wow. i bet that plow has made you a lot of money overr the yeas
  15. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

was that the plow you were using on the front of the truck you just put together?
  16. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Nothing a little Duct Tape and some Fluid Film can't fix. :mechanic:
  17. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Eggsactly what I said after each hit it took!

BF Hammer was tried first.

That is spot on what happen. After the first major hit it took it opened a hole on the back, From then on the whole front along the cutting edge started to rust. I rebuilt it 2 years ago even sand blasting the dang thing but was no help because I could not weld up all the holes by then. :eek:

Yes RIP old plow as it will be used no more.

Been working on the "coin" to replace for a while now. Times are tough.

Yeah I get my money out of most things I buy. As long as it works there is no reason to get new I say :mechanic:

I was waiting for that list to. Tim said you had all kinds of deals going on. I couldn't wait tho and acted as soon as I found that used one so cheap. ussmileyflag

At least you know where the deals are over here now. :laughing:
  18. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

And then some.

Was real lucky to find a replacement so cheap. Now I remember what angle is suppose to look like again.

Done did. RIP... (well scrap yard)

Made a couple bucks with it.

Yes , sad ain't it?

I was going to wrap some duct tape on it and send pictures to Red Green show and White trash Repairs but fingered it wasn't worth my effort. :drinkup:
  19. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

I've got a couple that look like yours as well, one of which is relegated to a salt truck. I agree that the cause is due partially to abuse and also attributed to the old style boxed in Boss plows just rotting out from the inside.