1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

13 Polaris Brutus HD

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by JWBlades, Feb 6, 2016.

1. JWBlades

JWBlades Junior Member

I've been looking to start a small plowing business. I've been looking around at some UTVs (preferably diesel) and found a 2013 Polaris brutus for $9900. It is new, with less than 10 hrs. Is this a great price and can anyone comment on the reliability and overall satisfaction with the '13 brutus? I would get a snow blade and spreader for the utv and start with small jobs. Thanks!

2. Nick B

Nick B Junior Member
    from Madison

If you have one or two it would be fine but I would be careful. Its not biult for commercial use. I bought a 13 when they first came out and had nothing but problems with it. Did a decent job for me just had alot of brake downs.

3. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

Purchased one this season. Its used at a hospital with a few thousand ln ft of walk and does a few of the extremely tight parking spaces. Has the small vbox installed and has been working out good so far.

4. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

After a season of use my biggest complaint would be that even adding additives to the diesel in marginal temps it would act as if it was gelling. Put it in heated maintenance bay for 10 minutes would run fine for 45 then repeat.