1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

13 pin truck to 11 pin plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by djagusch, Aug 16, 2013.

1. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Will a 09 chev pick up with a 13pin harness work with a 11 pin plow? Will the headlights be affected?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It'll work fine as long as the plow side wiring hasn't been hacked up over time. Otherwise you're on your own obviously.

3. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I'm grabbing the plow this morning. It was a 11 pin. But they claim they put a 13 pin plug on it so it would work on their 13 pin dodge, otherwise the dodge lights didn't work right. They ran a extra wire to the headlights. The plow side harness is. pretty cheap to correct the whole senerio.

Plow is 8.2 v for $1200, cutting edges are new style and good, flaps are decent. Headlights need attention (may swap everything to newer headlights/wiring). At the price point I figure I can't go wrong.