1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

13 pin connection

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bolake, Jan 27, 2016.

1. bolake

bolake Senior Member

My plow was installed new fall 2014, ever since new the 13 pin connector would never come together all the way. There would be about a good 1/8" between the two rubber mating pieces of the plug, like a male pin was to long. Even after together, you could rock the plug back and forth. Anyway yesterday installing the plow the smart hitch would raise half way then kick out and fall away. After 2 or 3 times I checked the plugs and alignment of the plow and then it worked ok. Anyone else had the 13 pin connection not mate very good?

2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Boss sells a lock for for the 2 halves of the plug. I've never needed it but it is available. Check the tech section of their website.

3. bolake

bolake Senior Member

OK Thanks will do that

4. bolake

bolake Senior Member

Thought about it after I answered, mine doesn't come apart on it own, it's that it doesn't seem to go all the way together. Did look on there site couldn't find what you talked about.

5. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

None of ours fit tightly against each other. They've all got about the same gap you say you have.

Never had any issues, at least so far.

6. bolake

bolake Senior Member

Thanks that's what I have been wondering, I may have just hooked it up in a hurry the other day and didn't get it tight enough until I rechecked it.

7. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I'm guessing they're using the sides of the plug to help seal moisture out, because there's no o ring or seal around the top of either plug. So it fits more like a wedge to act like a cork to hold the moisture out.

Maybe it's just my way of justifying a 6k plow that looks like something is wrong with the plug. Till we have issues I won't complain.

8. jhenderson9196

Bolake. I looked and couldn't find it either. I've seen one at my dealer. It's painted Boss red and clamps around the 2 halves to hold them together. Try calling Boss and asking about the safety latch for a 13 pin harness. They've always been very good about answering my questions.

9. bolake

bolake Senior Member

If its a clamp that goes around the 2 half's, it may not work for me I have my plugs installed in the permanent bracket that comes with the plow

10. jhenderson9196

It fits around the bracket as far as I know.

11. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

The part you are looking for is MSC16185

12. jhenderson9196

Now there's info we can use, thanks.

13. bolake

bolake Senior Member

X2- Thanks I had messaged Boss for it

14. emerald lawns

emerald lawns Junior Member

Just use a zip tie.