1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'13 f150, 7'6" sport duty

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dcarr, Oct 1, 2014.

1. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

just picked up a used boss for my truck. its my first plow. now i ALMOST cant wait for it to snow.

IMG_20140930_140223_790.jpg

IMG_20140930_140232_023.jpg

IMG_20140608_192514_058.jpg

2. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

Interesting light bar. What is that? Does it have a yellow flasher plus extra forward lighting? Cost?

Boss makes a good product. Be safe and enjoy the plowing!

3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Pretty sure that's a rigid style. If it's an actual rigid it probably cost close to what the plow did lol

4. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

I wish it was a rigid, but its a cheap eBay knock off. Still bright as all hell though. I paid about $175 for the bar and another $100 for the brackets. There is another smaller one in my grill as well.

5. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Nice truck!

6. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

You won't have any problems seeing in front! Nice 7.6 boss.

7. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Looks good. Sweet SHO too!

8. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

I wish it was a sho!! Just an sel awd but it is a great car.

9. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

I want to get the moldboard and cutting edge cleaned up before winter. the cutting edge I'm good with, but how can you make the poly moldboard look new again? Are they paintable or it there a process to freshen them up? I would just like it all to look as nice as possible. Also how much play is there usually around the pins? I know plows move around a little but I just don't want to have any issues once the season starts. Thanks guys.

10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Linseed oil.

11. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Oh, I just assumed since it looked like it has similar options. Either way, I really like those new ones.

12. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

Thank you, I had to fight the wife to get a Taurus. Then when she saw it she goes, oh that's a Taurus. Lol

13. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

Out of curiosity, what was she thinking a taurus was?

On another note, did I read somewhere that you can get those in all wheel drive? If so, how are they as far as durability and reliability? Expected longevity-100k-150k? Do they need a ton of maintenance? I need to find a vehicle for my gal and I like the idea of AWD sedan or wagon but the newer Subaroos with the 2.5 dont last like the old 2.2's

14. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

She was thinking it was like the older model old lady car as she called it. Yes it is awd with a v6. We haven't had ot long but so far its a great car. Ford recommends 10k mile oil changes. As durable goes its almost the same drive train as the new ford interceptor.

15. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

Thanks, i will look into them. I am not real familiar with any car models, we live in truck country. Around here when you park at the bar/restaurant/local gathering spot its not uncommon to have 16 trucks, 1 SUV, and no cars.

16. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

The new Taurus and Taurus SUV are the new police interceptors that replace the Crown Vic after Ford realized that Dodge was the new go to for police cars.

17. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Funny - I was looking at those light bars today - $600 bucks and up!!! I bet it would light up the night tho!

18. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

Yes it does!! Its like day light.

19. RMGLawn

RMGLawn Senior Member

Can you snap a photo of the truck mount bracket. I will be putting a bracket on my 12 soon and want to know what to expect. Any suspension upgrades on yours?

Nice setup BTW!

20. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

Thanks, I have a 2.5" level kit on mine. With the poly sport duty the front only drops about an inch. The bracket uses the factory tow hook bolts and the bolts for the skid plate on am fx4. I didn't have a skid plate so I used the bolt clips from the front plastic air dam. You do have to cut a chunk out of the lower bumper. And take the front metal bumper off to drill four hole in the frame on the outer sides. I'll try to get pics but have to clean it since I did a little mudding this weekend.