1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

13 acre lot advice

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Musaexcavating, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Musaexcavating

Musaexcavating Junior Member

Ok I wasn't going to ask about my number on this lot but I keep doubting my numbers and how I should bid this property . Here is the scoop as I posted in my other thread here. This lot is split into two separate lots same place though . It's about 12 acres with 1.5 miles of road . Their rfp states must push at 2" and every 2" thereafter , salt/sand after every storm and when requested , no specs on how to bid only states "creative pricing strategies are encouraged " , must clear about 300' of walks with calcium and clear 5 turnstiles entrances . This is a 24/7 operation and cars are always parked in the way. I am just wondering all my accounts are per push would you guys bid this seasonal with 20% down salt included or seasonal with salt at a per app. This might lead to future work so I would really like to win this as they are a great company to work with and pay their bills no questions asked. (I worked at this place for 7 years before starting my business) my 2-5" price is at $3500 with salt at 5 tons per app at $1000 these numbers sound about right. And I have read about seasonals on here but never bid any where do I go with my 2-5" number for a seasonal I can't find anything about average events for my area.
    Machines I would have on this are a Samsung 150 loader with 14' pusher ,Takeuchi skid with 10' pusher and I have 2 other trucks but will prob just sub out the truck work.
    Thanks for any advice

image.jpg

2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

2" trigger? Plan on if it is snowing you will be plowing something, lanes or walks or something. I couldn't imagine trying to catch up on inches with 13+ acres and walks

3. Musaexcavating

I have the pre bid conference tomorrow I have to clarify some stuff because they also stated a bare pavement contract and I don't really feel like melting 2" . I would normally do 1-3 on this size place.

4. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

"Creative Pricing"...That's a good one...I would start there with the property owner...Smells like they want cheap pricing...Why are they looking for a new service provider?..

5. Musaexcavating

They are looking for a new contractor because the last one hit power lines with a dump and never told anyone so when they turned that line on they sparked an arc.I know for a fact they are not cheap they are just seeing what type of pricing they can get i know they like to know thier budgets. I think im gonna give them a seasonal does anyone have advice or in general how to come up with a seasonal price for salt and plowing . Do you guys put a cap for salt and inches per year ?