1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12V ShurFLo Pump Question/ H-E-L-P

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Plow man Foster, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Ok well i purchased a used pump off of this guy....
    I got it and hooked it straight to my riders battery (12V)
    the pump is 12 volt...ShurFlo Water Pump 2.8 GPM
    And nothing happened.

Is there something im doing wrong or is this broke?
    I was PLANNING to make a walk behind sprayer with this. (since we are getting more ice than snow this year.

I was hoping someone on here could tell me what im doing wrong i know this pump is marine grade... i was looking at the pump manual and the diagram is to take water from a tank to faucet or even a toilet......

heres a pic

pump.jpg

2. captscottyt

captscottyt Junior Member

i use those pumps at work everyday tap the back sometime the bearing gives some resitance in that case u need a new motor or a rebuild. There is also a micro switch at the top of teh pump remove the 3 skrews and u can open that little box the switch is inside. be careful after u take out the 3 skrew there is a little spring and a plunger

3. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

woah thats so weird because today i opened up the 3 screws and pushed the little red button while i had it all wired up and nothing happened i didnt tap the bottom though i will try that tomorrow!

Also i turned the screw on the top so that it turns on with less pressure and nothing happened. besides getting a tiny spark when i put the hot wire to the hot wire on the battery.

So far it looks like im gonna try to get a refund for the pump though...