1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12V replacement plug

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Bossman 92, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I am pretty sure this is in the wrong place but I figured if anyone would know it would be you guys. All I am looking for is a heavy duty 12 volt replacement plug. ALL I can find are cheap chineese junk ends. I NEED something that won't break.

Thanks Andrew

2. changexlt

changexlt Junior Member
    from ND

3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I've actually got one of those I picked up last week. Seems decent but I want heavy duty. I had one that had a red and a black end almost like nuts that you could tighten up. You just placed the hot and ground wire under each and tightened them up. Wasnt the most sleek design, but it was heavy duty. The wires on the one I already bought are smaller than what I already have.

Thanks for the help

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Might be worth it to wire in a two pole trailer style connector. Would hold up much better to the extended cycle times of heavy amp draws. Plus you would still have your cig lighter for the heated coffee cup.