1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12v Pumps

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jpar247, Sep 7, 2009.

1. jpar247

jpar247 Member

Looking to set up a Liquid De-Icer setup for my plow truck. I run these pumps for my roof cleaning business and I know they can dump alot of liquid out. Just wondering what everyone's opinions are on these?

Thank you....
  2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

looks nice but not much psi at 7gpm. I got a GPI 12gpm chemical pump and its pretty nice and not to expensive.
  3. Nandersnow

Nandersnow Junior Member

Tell me more about these GPI 12GPM pumps. Brand. were to buy, and how much. Im looking to set up a liqiud truck this year, build my own.
  4. Mike S

The Brand is GPI. You probably have seen some of their fuel transfer pumps at Tractor Supply. They make a very nice product! They make a 8 gpm and a 12 gpm pump. I talked with them and they told me that it was designed for what i wanted. The down side to it is it has a on off switch on the side of it and it took a minute to figure out how to make it work for what I wanted. The pump is just perfect for a simple setup. If i was to change any thing on my setup I would probably put another 12 gpm pump on it so that I could spread at a faster rate of speed. Oh ya forgot to mention the pumps are mounted on the top of the tank and they screw on or in a bung.
  5. Mike S

This is the link to there web site. http://gpi.net/
    The 12 gpm pump is just over $350. Dont even try to order it from TSC they where no help. GPI will tell you who your local dealer is or you can order it online.