1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12V connector supply?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by xtreem3d, Nov 28, 2014.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Does anyone make just this connector with no wires from it? I need to adapt a new Smith Spreader harness to an older controller.
    Thanks,
    Steve

imagesFO8YXTE2.jpg

2. xtreem3d

or does anyone know what they call these connectors?

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I just ran across this connector 15 minutes ago and no I can't find it. :angry:

I'm looking at pin connectors for some odd ball stuff. If I run across the name of it, I'll post back here.

Problem is that I didn't see just the connectors, it was always with a pigtail like what is in your picture.

... ..

4. White Gardens

5. xtreem3d

Those would work if I splice both ends of both the cables...I was hoping to find the right connector and only splice one side of the wires to mate to my new Smith controller. ( The old controllers are wired different than the newer ones)
    Steve

6. BIG NICKY

BIG NICKY Member

7. xtreem3d

Those look like Anderson Power Poles..we used them in wiring Giant Scale RC planes

8. xtreem3d

If I am remembering correctly those get soldered together( wire into lug) and I had been taught that you never want to solder copper wire into a lug that has high amp draw as it cause excess resistance..it's best to crimp it
    Steve

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

had been taught that you never want to solder copper wire into a lug that has high amp draw as it cause excess resistance..it's best to crimp it

No, not true at all.....

10. xtreem3d

Lead is not as good a conductor as copper itself..in fact copper has 13 times less resistance than lead
    I've known about the increased resistance but just read the 13 times less in this article
    http://www.marinewireandcable.com/2013/11/crimping-vs-soldering-marine-cable-and.html

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  11. blaster

blaster Junior Member

We crimp
    solder and heat shrink on those type of plugs we use them on our plows and jumper cables they work great

12. xtreem3d

any luck finding the connector?

13. White Gardens

I have not.

I did find the picture again though. Found this same connector labeled as a snoway part and a Meyer/Diamond part.

[​IMG]