1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12v cig fuse Continues to blow

Discussion in 'METAL PLESS Snow Plows / Wing Plows / Box Plows' started by viper881, Jan 13, 2016.

1. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I have check all the wire that I can see, changed the cig lighter with a new one, change the butt fuse, and it keeps blowing. Pulled off the soilnolds on the plow and those all looked good. It's a 2 button metal plesses 8 to 14 ft plow. Any ideas on where to look next for the short would be helpful. Also last year I changed all the wiring from the 6 button to 2 button so wiring is only one year old.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Wired correctly? Negative to out case and positive to inner post?

3. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Yes, everything has been working all year, then the last two nights it blows. This morning we changed the plug out with a new one and it still blows. Side note- the tractor plug we use a 3 way spliter- phone charger, flashy light, plow controls. Only the plow one blows and everything else works fine.

4. Tyo

Tyo Junior Member

On the top of the solenoid there is a plastic piece held in by a screw. You need to change that. It is shorting out inside. Had the same issue

5. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Is that a part that I need to order through metal plesse? I don't have the plow in front of me but I'm picturing that it's the little black square that lights up when you push the button...

6. Tyo

Tyo Junior Member

Yes that is correct. You can get them at any hydraulic store no need to order

7. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Both of mine are connected straight into the wiring on those that go into my wiring harness. I'll grab a picture a sec but not sure if I can post pics off my phone into here. You have an email or phone number I can show u the picture?