1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12 years ago 37' of snow today!!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Clapper&Company, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Who can remeber back 12 years ago, (1995) when we got that winter storm?? Ny got 37" fo snow between Dec 8th & 9th.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I remember that one .All wet 42 inches of it! We left home Thursday morning can home Monday night. I was seeing faces in the snow banks. The trucks couldn't even bust through the entrances had to wait for the loader to open it up. We then made a little clean spot in the parking lot and pushed from there. We were lucky to use a 2 feet of the plow to push it. I'll take the 7 feet of powder snow any time!

3. all seasons

all seasons Member

YA I remember that year too, at the time I was living in Miami and wasnt in the business. All I was thinking at that time was man im glad im not there......

4. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

i don't remember ever getting that much snow in my area. wooster. the most i ever remember getting was about 4 years ago i think we got between 18"-24" in about a day and a half. it snowed 8"-10" then turned to rain for about 2 hours made the snow wet and heavy, then it got really cold and turned everything to a solid sheet of ice, and then snowed another foot on top of that. the electric was out at my house for 6 days. keep in mind this was over christmas. out in the rural areas there were people with out electricity for 2 weeks. that's the worst it's gotten around here since the "blizzard of 78" and i was only 4 years old at the time, so i don't even remember anything about it, other than stories about how bad it was which i still hear about to this day. last year we got close to a foot and that was great, i made some good coin! we usually don't get that much snow here though, later, pete

5. shanta74

shanta74 Member

12 iches in a day here is nothing last year we had a couple and the colege dint even close if you didnt go you still counted as skipping class. there is a lot of people that go there that are from nyc and they didnt show up because there was to much snow so our classes only had 3 or 4 people in them. i did make alot of money pulling people out with my jeep.payup