1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12 Volt Acuator

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Dustin24, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Dustin24

Dustin24 Junior Member

I am looking for recomendations on 12 volt Actuators for my golf cart snow plow to lift and lower (with down force) and also one to do the power angle. Where do I get them, how much should i be looking at spending and what do you guys recommend for the size.

2. glfredrick

glfredrick Member

I'm not sure on price, but check out the actuators on the dump beds of John Deere Gators. They are fairly strong and have power in and out, with simple wiring.

FOX-SNO-REMOVAL Senior Member

I would recommend the Mibar lift system. A couple of guys on here have them and they seem to work pretty good. Im not real sure how much it will cost you , but im sure one of the other members that have can. Here is a link to there website if you want to check it out:D! http://www.mibarproducts.com/ Hope this helps!
  4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I have a 12 volt acuator on my 3 point hitch. They are expensive tho. go on ebay theres alot on there.
  5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I run the Mibar system on my quad it works great.

How heavy duty is this golf cart and how big of a blade are you running on it?

how much snow are you gonna be pushing with it?
    there a big difference between a 2" powder and a 15" wind whipped hard drift or the end of the drive that has a salt filled bank from the street that has been there for 4 hours that you have to bust through.

from the top of my head for the up/down you want 500lbs of static holding force and for the angle you want 1000lbs of static holding force.

I also run a power angle system

this has been hashed out in a couple different threads on here.
    if I can find them again I'll post links.

sublime out.
  6. sublime68charge

7. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

Great post Sublime and spot-on info! Anything less is going to be a waste of your money and time to mount it up. As stated... there is a huge difference in the types of snow you're going to be pushing and the performance you can expect depending on your set-up.
  8. sublime68charge

what type of actuactors due the blackline plows run?
    just wondering if you know off hand or they had a label on them?

sublime out
  9. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

If memory serves correct, they are Bear Actuators. I have one in a box so I'll double check once I get out there to open it.
  10. speedy

speedy Senior Member

11. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Just bagged another Eagle actuator kit new in box on flea bay for $83. A terriffic buy as these are tough actuators going on my 6th winter without a hitch.:yow!::yow!:
  12. sublime68charge

geeze now I'm jealous,

I got an extra last winter for $180 and I thought that was a steal.

so i have a good spare.

great find skywagon.
  13. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Lime, I almost had a new Moose v-plow all hyd angle for the V ect.nice unit missed it by $50 and was sick, may find another one. With the economy the way it is there are a few around for a good price.:):)
  14. sublime68charge

yea I have seen the Moose V plow's that they came out with,

it's way to big for the quads I run but it would be pretty nice on your Rhino I bet.

I'll stick with my Big Red and the V plow I got set up in January but not enough snow to really test it.

I'm pretty set for snow removal for this winter.
    just gotta make it through summer first.

just gotta tweak and tune some things.

sublime out.
  15. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

i got an actuator off of ebay. $100. it has a 1ft stroke. 12v. its a werner linear actuator. i use it on my pull behind grade/box scraper. work great. think it was rated at like 1000 1500 lbs.